Holistic Health in the UK1 September, 2017 1 0
Complementary Therapies are based on a holistic, or ‘whole person’ approach, i.e. how the physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual elements of an individual are interconnected to maintain or regain wellness and health. Holistic approaches focus on the whole individual person rather than just on the illness or a diseased part of the body. The aim of holistic therapy is to restore harmony of body, mind and spirit.
- Women are more likely to choose holistic therapies over men.
- 46% of the population can be expected to use one or more holistic therapies in their lifetime.
- People with higher education are more likely to uses holistic therapies.
In EU, Complementary alternative medicine (CAM )is practiced by:
- 145,000 dual-trained doctors. Trained in conventional medicine and CAM.
- 160,000 qualified, accredited practitioners but non-doctor CAM practitioners.
Why people like visiting holistic health practitictioners:
- Empathetic communication
- Personal involvement in decision making of the treatment options
- Whole person approach and person-centred healthcare
- Explanatory frameworks within which to explore health and wellbeing
92% of people want more holistic therapies available on NHS.
Reasons why people use holistic therapies:
Most common health issues for which Holistic health therapies are used:
- Mental Issues
- Women’s health
- Musculoskeletal Issues
The Big C
Many complementary therapies concentrate on relaxation and reducing stress. They help to calm emotions, relieve anxiety, and increase your general sense of health and wellbeing. Also relieving pain like after a surgical procedure.
- Up to one third of people with cancer use some sort of complementary therapy at some time during their illness.
- Up to a half of people with breast cancer use complementary therapy.
SaveSaveAcupuncture Aromatherapy Art Therapy Astrology Ayurveda Chiropractic Color Therapy Crystal Healing Cupping Therapy Dance Therapy Ear Candling Feng-Shui Herbalism Homeopathy Iridology Kinesiology Laughter Naturopathy Numerology Nutritional Therapy Manual/Massages Modern Techniques Osteopathy Pranic Healing Qi-Gong/Tai-Chi Reflexology Reiki Shiatsu Sound/Music Yoga Spirituality Meditation Energy, Aura Health Diseases Homemade Remedies Medicinal Plants Essential Oils Healty Nutrition Recepies Safe Home Feng-Shui Kids Mom Family/Relations Beauty Ayurveda Natural Cosmetics Motivation Happiness
Did you like the article? 1